Good morning everyone!
This breakfast recipe was technically supposed to be for yesterday, but better late than never right? It’s been a crazy past couple of days, and I’m finally back and ready to post. I hope you all enjoy this 15 Minute Tofu Scramble recipe.
I definitely wouldn’t say I miss eggs specifically, but I do sort of miss how easy it used to be to whip up a huge, classic breakfast without having to stress. Don’t get me wrong, I love me a nice steaming bowl of oatmeal, but there’s just something about a great scramble. I whipped this up in 15 minutes, with a little inspiration and a little improvisation, along with some baked potatoes and Vegan Bac’n from my favourite brand (check out Happy Veggie World!)
This recipe is my new go-to for a quick, filling, and hearty breakfast. It takes literally 15 minutes to make, and is so easy!!
Chop up your onions and garlic, and begin to sauté on medium in a large pan with a little vegan margarine or coconut oil.
Drain your tofu, and wrap it in a paper towel until the onions begin to turn transparent. Now gently crumble the tofu into the pan and stir.
In a small bowl, add your nutritional yeast, spices, and milk, and whisk with a fork. Slowly pour the mixture over the tofu and stir to combine. Allow to cook until tofu reaches your desired consistency. Serve with toast and your favourite sides or veggie meats. I had mine with roasted potatoes, Vegan Bac’n, and toast with Violife cream cheese and sliced grape tomatoes.
15 Minute Tofu Scramble
This Tofu Scramble is easy, healthy, and hearty, and takes only 15 minutes to make! My favourite go-to breakfast any day of the week, this is delicious with a slice of toast and your favourite sides or veggie meats.
- 1/4 Large Onion, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 package (350g) Firm Tofu
- 3-5 tbsp Almond Milk
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 3 tsp Nutritional Yeast
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- Vegan Margarine or Coconut Oil, to fry
- Step 1 Chop up onion and garlic, and sauté vegan margarine or coconut oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Step 2 Drain tofu block and wrap in a paper towel until onions begin to turn transparent
- Step 3 then remove paper towel and gently crumble tofu into the pan.
- Step 4 Add spices and nutritional yeast to a small bowl, and whisk in milk with a fork. Pour over tofu and stir in evenly.
- Step 5 Fry until tofu is hot throughout, and desired consistency is reached.