This is one of my favourite recipes year round! It’s healthy, cruelty free, and most importantly, delicious! Whenever I have an overload of ripe bananas in my kitchen, or see baking bananas on sale at the grocery store, I make as many loaves of this banana bread as I can. It’s super quick and easy, and makes an amazing breakfast, dessert, or snack any time of day! My husband and I usually devour almost the entire loaf together while it’s still warm; it’s just too good to resist!
If there’s any left by the next morning, we have it lightly toasted with some butter for a breakfast that’s quick, easy, and filling.
I usually add walnuts to my banana bread, because I love the extra little crunch they give to it, but you can also make it plain, or get creative with it! You could swap the nuts out for chocolate chips, use a bit of both, or try something new, and add a little of your own flavour to it.
Firstly, peel your four ripe bananas into a large bowl, and mash them until there are no large lumps. Small ones are okay, but big ones will come out as little pockets of banana after being baked.
Once your bananas are mashed, add in your sugar and coconut oil and whisk everything together. Slowly sift in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt, and whisk until everything is just combined.
If you’re adding in walnuts or anything else, now is the time to chop ’em up and throw them in the mix too! Now that the dough is finished, you can pour everything into a greased baking pan and pop it in the oven.
Bangin' Vegan Banana Bread
This banana bread is not only delicious, it's also vegan and oh-so irresistible! Perfect for breakfast, dessert, or anytime in between!
- 4 Ripe Bananas
- 1 and 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Chopped Walnuts (optional)
- Step 1 Preheat your oven to 350° F and grease your loaf pan.
- Step 2 In a large bowl, mash bananas until there are no large lumps remaining. Small ones are okay.
- Step 3 Add sugar and coconut oil, and whisk together.
- Step 4 Slowly sift in flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt, and mix until just combined.
- Step 5 Chop walnuts (if using) and fold them into the mix.
- Step 6 Pour batter into your greased loaf pan, and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.