With a soft, chewy centre, and just the right amount of sweetness, these sugar cookies are dangerously delicious, and super addictive. They also take less than 20 minutes to make, which means it’s an easy way to satisfy your sweet tooth in no time.
As a child, I never thought of sugar cookies as soft, chewy, or even round usually. They were cookie cutter shapes, with a bit of a crunch and some store bought icing that only seemed to exist around holidays. But this past weekend, I did my child self a favour and indulged in these tasty, chewy sugar cookies. The batch didn’t survive the weekend between my husband and I, but it was very worth it.
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Mix almond milk and apple cider vinegar and set aside. Blend vegan margarine and both sugars until thoroughly combined, then add in milk mixture, vanilla, flour, salt, and baking soda.
Once everything is mixed together, scoop out cookies and spread out on tray. I used a small ice cream scoop for mine, but I’ve also used heaping, rounded tablespoons in the past. Cookies should be between 1-2 tablespoons each.
Bake for 9 minutes. When the cookies first come out they should be soft to the touch, and still a little doughy looking. This means they will be extra soft and chewy!! Allow them to cool on the tray before eating or trying to move them, as they will be very fragile when they first come out of the oven.
Vegan Vanilla Sugar Cookies
With a soft, chewy centre, and just the right amount of sweetness, these sugar cookies are dangerously delicious, and super addictive. They also take less than 20 minutes to make, which means it's an easy way to satisfy your sweet tooth in no time.
- 1 cup Vegan Margarine
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk
- 1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350°F, mix together apple cider vinegar and almond milk in a small dish, and set aside.
- Step 2 Blend vegan margarine with both sugars, then add in milk mixture and vanilla and blend once more.
- Step 3 Add flour, salt, and baking soda to your bowl, and stir everything together thoroughly.
- Step 4 Scoop out cookies, and place on tray (I used a small ice cream scoop, but cookies should be between 1-2 tbsp each)
- Step 5 Bake for about 9 minutes. Cookies should come out soft to the touch.
- Step 6 Allow to cool on tray before serving.