These Chocolate Covered Bliss Balls are super tasty, super easy to make, and use only 7 simple ingredients. They’re the perfect snack to treat yourself without having to cheat, and a delicious way to get in your healthy fats. They also make for a great ready to go snack to take to work or pack for lunch!
I’ll be going back to school this fall to start working on my bachelor’s in Nutrition and Dietetics, and meal prep is something I want to practice and start making a habit of before starting school again. I plan on doing some more meal prep related posts in the near future as I find and develop recipes I want to share, and teach myself to plan ahead a little more instead of running to the grocery store before dinner every night for last minute ingredients.
Anyways, the first of many of these experiments were these bliss balls, which came out fantastic. Imagine Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, except they’re plant-based, healthy, and homemade. What more could you want out of life?
Bonus, they’re also ridiculously easy to make, and take only about 30 minutes of actively making them. The rest of the time is spent waiting and doing whatever you want, if you can be patient for long enough!
Just blend peanut butter, honey or agave, and vanilla in your food processor for just a few seconds, until smooth and creamy.
Add in your almond meal, pecans, and cinnamon, and blend again until everything appears smooth and any large chunks have been broken up.
Roll the mixture out into twelve balls with your hands. They can be a little rough for now, we’ll smooth them out later on. Place the balls on a plate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to solidify.
Once at least 30 minutes have passed and the balls have hardened a little more, you can remove them from the fridge. Begin to roll them with your hands one more time, creating a smoother, rounder shape. Now measure out 1 cup of vegan chocolate chips, and begin to melt them in a small double boiler on your stove.
Once the chocolate chips have fully melted with no lumps remaining, carefully remove them from heat. Begin to roll each ball in the chocolate, making sure to cover them completely. I used two spoons to toss each ball back and forth, rolling them in the chocolate. Once each bliss ball has been coated, place them on a sheet of parchment and put them back in the fridge to harden overnight.
When the chocolate has completely solidified, you can remove the bliss balls from the fridge and enjoy!
Chocolate Covered Bliss Balls
These Chocolate Covered Bliss Balls are super tasty, super easy to make, and use only 7 simple ingredients. They taste like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, except they're plant-based, healthy, and homemade
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 tbsp honey or agave
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Step 1 Blend peanut butter, honey or agave, and vanilla extract in a food processor until creamy.
- Step 2 Add almond meal, pecans, and cinnamon and blend again until everything is evenly combined and large chunks have been removed.
- Step 3 Roll the mixture into twelve balls and place on a plate in the fridge to cool for at least 30 minutes. Once the balls have hardened a little, roll them again to even out the shape.
- Step 4 Begin melting chocolate chips in a double boiler on medium-high heat. Once they are smooth, creamy, and fully melted, remove from heat.
- Step 5 Roll each bliss ball in the chocolate carefully (I used two spoons to toss and cover it completely) and transfer to a sheet of parchment paper.
- Step 6 Once each bliss ball has been coated, place them in the fridge overnight to cool.