It’s Saturday morning, your tummy is rumbling, and you have a fridge full of pumpkin puree, what do you do?
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes!
These pancakes are fluffy, delicious, and moist, with just the right amount of pumpkin flavour. I added vegan chocolate chips as well for an extra richness. My husband and I couldn’t get enough!
I made these with spelt, but I’m sure all-purpose flour would work beautifully too.
If you want to get extra hands on with this one, you can try out my homemade Pumpkin Spice Mix!
First, I mixed my apple cider vinegar and milk, and set it aside to create a buttermilk consistency. Then I added all my powdered ingredients to a large bowl and mixed them together.
Next, I added the milk/vinegar mixture, melted coconut oil, pumpkin puree, and chocolate chips, and mixed until combined.
When the batter was finished, all that was left was to heat my frying pan and add some vegan margarine. Once it was hot enough, I began to pour my pancakes, and fry! After making myself and my husband each a nice stack, we added some more vegan margarine on top, and drizzled with maple syrup.
Pumpkin Spice Spelt Pancakes
Deliciously fluffy pumpkin spice pancakes, with chocolate chips for added awesomeness, and made with spelt flour.
- 1 1/2 cups Spelt Flour (or All Purpose)
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp Baking Powder
- 2 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice (check out my recipe!)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Pumpkin Puree
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil, melted (or Vegan Margarine)
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Milk
- 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Vegan Margarine for frying
- Step 1 Mix your apple cider vinegar and almond milk in a small bowl and set aside.
- Step 2 In a large bowl, mix together spelt flour, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt.
- Step 3 Add pumpkin puree, coconut oil, milk/vinegar mixture, and chocolate chips, and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Step 4 Add a spoonful of vegan margarine (or more coconut oil) to a frying pan and set to medium heat.
- Step 5 Once the margarine begins to sizzle slightly, add a ladle full of batter.
- Step 6 When the edges of the pancake begin to look cooked, and bubbles in the center have popped, flip and allow the other side to fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Step 7 When finished, remove from heat and repeat with the remaining batter until finished.
- Step 8 Serve with vegan margarine and maple syrup!