Last night I had a craving for cream sauce. The kind of craving that cannot be ignored.
It’s been a little while since I had a nice, creamy bowl of pasta, so of course this was long overdue.
I’ve always been a huge fan of pasta, especially anything cheesy and creamy. Before going vegan, making a killer cream sauce was a point of pride for me. It’s only recently that I’ve begun to rediscover my favourite recipes, new, improved, and guilt-free! My Mac and Cheese Sauce has a similar, creamy base as well, but I decided to experiment a little here, and it turned out fantastic! My husband and I both devoured this recipe, and what little leftovers we had tasted incredible the second day as well.
Preheat your oven to 400°F. Slice tomatoes in half, toss with some olive oil, salt, and pepper, and place them face up in a parchment lined baking pan. Bake for about 20 minutes, and remove from oven to cool for 5-10 minutes.
Carefully move parchment with tomatoes on top to a plate or bowl until needed. Chop off the bottoms of the asparagus, toss them in some olive oil, salt, and pepper as well, and bake for about 20 minutes.
In the meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to boil for pasta and cook according to package instructions. Chop your onion and garlic, an sautee on medium-low heat with some olive oil, until onion begins to look transparent, stirring regularly. Slowly add in almond milk, flour, nutritional yeast, and salt and pepper to taste, whisking to be sure no lumps form. Heat until sauce reaches desired thickness, stirring occasionally, before transferring to a blender. Blend on high until sauce becomes smooth, then pour over the pasta, and mix in tomatoes. Serve with asparagus and enjoy!
Creamy Garlic Fettuccine w/ Roasted Tomatoes & Asparagus
Creamy, garlicy, fettuccine with tomatoes and asparagus to satisfy all your cravings. Not only is this meal healthy and wholesome, it's also delicious!
- 1/4 cup Onion, diced
- 1/4 cup (about 8-9 cloves) Garlic, minced
- 2 and 1/2 cups Almond Milk
- 4 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 4 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 375g Whole Wheat Fettuccine (or your choice of pasta)
- 3 cups Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch Asparagus
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Step 2 Slice tomatoes in half, and toss with a little bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place on a parchment lined baking tray (so we can use it again later) and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Step 3 When tomatoes are finished, remove from oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before carefully moving the parchment paper and tomatoes onto a plate or bowl.
- Step 4 Remove ends from asparagus, toss in a little bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper, and bake on the same tray (less dishes!) for about 20 minutes.
- Step 5 In the meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil, and cook pasta according to package instructions. When finished, set aside until everything else is done.
- Step 6 Chop onion and garlic, and sautee on medium-low heat with a dash of olive oil, until onion becomes transparent.
- Step 7 Slowly add in milk, flour, and nutritional yeast, whisking carefully and thoroughly to remove any clumps. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Step 8 Heat until sauce reaches desired thickness, transfer to blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Step 9 Serve over pasta, with tomatoes and asparagus.