With Halloween just around the corner, these healthy peanut butter cups are the perfect way to enjoy some guilt-free indulgence! Not only do these taste just like Reese’s, your body will love them just as much as your taste buds. Deliciously healthy, these sweet mouthfuls of joy are vegan, gluten and refined sugar free, and made with just 4 ingredients! Just make sure to use a natural, unsweetened peanut butter, where the only ingredient is peanuts (and maybe a little salt, if that’s your thing).
Mix together your peanut butter and maple syrup in a small bowl, until evenly combined. If your peanut butter is thin or runny, place it in the fridge to solidify a little while you do the next step. If it’s thick and on the drier side like mine, just set it aside for now.
Now melt your chocolate chips and coconut oil together over medium heat. If you have a small saucepan that you TRUST not to burn your chocolate, you can use it like I did, but if not, set up a small double boiler for yourself. Either way, we’re going to put this over medium heat, and once the chocolate starts to melt, stir it often with a spatula to make sure the bottom isn’t burning.
Once your chocolate is fully melted and smooth, line your mini muffin tray with baking cups, and begin to spoon out a small amount of chocolate into the bottom of each cup. Just enough to create a base for the peanut butter.
Pull out your peanut butter filling, and begin forming it into small puck shapes. Place each peanut butter puck into your muffin cups lined with chocolate, and begin to carefully spoon the rest of your melted chocolate on top.
Once each cup has been covered in chocolate, shake your tray just slightly, or tap the bottom against your counter, to flatten out the tops of the cups, and make sure the chocolate fills the sides evenly. Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving, and enjoy!
Creamy Peanut Butter Cups (Vegan + GF)
These healthy peanut butter cups are the perfect way to enjoy some guilt-free indulgence! Not only do these taste just like Reese's, your body will love them just as much as your taste buds.
- 3/4 cup natural, unsweetened peanut butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cups vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Step 1 Mix together peanut butter and maple syrup in a small bowl until evenly combined. If your peanut butter is very runny, place it in the fridge for a few minutes to solidify during this next step.
- Step 2 Line a mini muffin tray with baking cups, and begin to melt vegan chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small (trustworthy) saucepan, or a double boiler over medium heat, until creamy and smooth.
- Step 3 With a medium sized spoon, pour a small base layer of chocolate into each muffin cup. Remove peanut butter mixture from fridge, and begin to form the peanut butter into small pucks, placing each one on top of your chocolate in the muffin tray.
- Step 4 When finished, use your spoon to carefully pour the remaining chocolate over the peanut butter, and shake the tray just slightly, to flatten out the tops. Place in the fridge to cool for at least 2 hours before serving.