Who ever thought Brussel Sprouts could be so yummy?
Brussel Sprouts were the stuff of nightmares and horror stories as a child. Although I never really ate them that much, every reference I had told me they could be nothing but nasty, disgusting, torture food.
But when I finally actually tried them, and they were well cooked, and just a little crispy, they were pretty damn delicious. I actually crave them now! Who would’ve thought?
This recipe is a vegan version of the way my mother first helped me discover my love for Brussel Sprouts. I threw in some chunks of soft Aged White Cheddar from Vtopia Cheese, and broken up bits of Vegan Bac’n from Happy Veggie World. If these aren’t available where you are, I’m sure it would be just as delicious with your favourite vegan bacon and soft cheese, or without them all together! Veggies are flavourful too!
Preheat your oven to 375°F (or convection to 350°F). Rinse off your Brussel Sprouts and allow to dry a little. Chop off the bottom of the stems, and remove the outer layer of leaves from each head (usually they fall off on their own). Chop Brussels in half, and place in a baking dish. Peel garlic and chop each clove in half before adding to the dish as well. Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle a hefty pinch of salt and pepper over the dish. Stir everything together, until the Brussel Sprouts appear evenly coated. Pop them in the oven for 25-35 minutes, or until cooked throughout and beginning to crisp on top, stirring halfway through.
While the Brussel Sprouts are baking, you can begin to fry your vegan bacon to your liking, and set aside to cool a bit.
Once the Brussel Sprouts are finished, break your vegan bacon up into small pieces, and sprinkle over the dish. Do the same with the soft cheese, and toss everything together. Serve and enjoy!
Delicious Baked Brussel Sprouts
Take Brussel Sprouts to a whole new level of amazing in just a few simple steps, with this healthy, nourishing recipe that you'll actually crave!
- 4-5 cups Brussel Sprouts
- 4 large Cloves of Garlic
- 1/3 block Vtopia Aged White Cheddar (or other vegan soft cheese)
- 4 slices Happy Veggie World Vegan Bac'n (or other vegan bacon)
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 375°F (or 350°F convection).
- Step 2 Rinse Brussel Sprouts, chop off stems, remove outer leaves, and chop Brussel Sprouts in half.
- Step 3 Peel garlic and slice cloves in half.
- Step 4 Add to baking dish, and drizzle with just enough olive oil to coat the veggies.
- Step 5 Sprinkle a hefty pinch of salt & pepper, and toss to coat everything.
- Step 6 Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until cooked throughout and beginning to brown on top, stirring halfway through.
- Step 7 Fry vegan bacon to your liking, and put aside to cool off.
- Step 8 Once Brussel Sprouts are finished baking, remove from oven and crumble soft cheese and vegan bacon overtop.
- Step 9 Toss to combine, serve, and enjoy!