Can you get addicted to melon?
If it’s possible, I think I definitely am.
The weather here is finally starting to warm up, and my body is already getting back into summer mode. All I’ve been craving is fresh fruit! My breakfast many mornings over the past two weeks has just been a melon and to be honest, it’s been amazing.
But since I’ve been consuming so much melon all by itself, I thought it might be time to add a little more variety to my fruity diet, which is how I came up with this recipe.
This fruit salad is super simple! Slice up your apple, strawberries, banana, and kiwis into nice, bite sized pieces, and throw them into a large bowl. Next, grab your melon halves, remove any seeds from the honeydew, and scoop the melon out with a spoon or ice cream scoop, making little half ball shapes. If you prefer, you can also just slice up the melon into cubes.
Add the melon to your bowl, along with remaining ingredients, and toss gently together. If you saved your melon rinds, you can use them as bowl for serving!
Fresh Fruit Salad
Fresh fruits and veggies provide a boost in energy and vitality like no other. This fruit salad will not only nourish your body, your tongue will enjoy the party too.
- 1/2 small Watermelon
- 1/2 small Honeydew Melon
- 1 and 1/4 cup Seedless Grapes
- 1 and 1/4 cup Strawberries, sliced
- 1 and 1/4 cup Raspberries
- 3 Mandarin Oranges
- 1 Apple, chopped
- 2 Kiwis, sliced
- 1 Banana, sliced
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 2-3 tsp Maple Syrup
- Step 1 Rinse all of your fruits, and chop apples, banana, kiwis and strawberries into small, bite sized pieces.
- Step 2 Remove the seeds from your honeydew, and scoop melons from the rind with a spoon or ice cream scoop, creating little balls or half balls. If you prefer, you can chop the melons into bite sized pieces instead.
- Step 3 Peel mandarin oranges, and separate pieces.
- Step 4 Combine all fruits in a large bowl, and gently toss together with lemon juice and maple syrup.
- Step 5 If you kept your melon rind, you can use it as your bowl!