This thick, hearty mega-pot of vegan chilli is loaded with yummy vegetables, and super satisfying after a long day. It’s also one of my favourite go-to meal prep meals. I like to make a big batch on the weekend, and save my leftovers for a quick meal when I get busy. I sneak in as many veggies as I can, for a ready to go meal that is delicious and nutritious, all week long. This recipe is meant to be your dinner for the rest of the week, or feed a large family, so be prepared to have lots!
To make things even easier, once the leftover chilli has cooled off, you can pack it into individual meal sized containers and have it ready to grab and go whenever you need.
If you want to amp things up a notch, leftover chilli tastes great mixed in with some of my Creamy Mac and Cheese for some extra cheesy goodness.
Chop your veggies, and begin sautéing onion, garlic, potato, and veggie ground with a little bit of olive or avocado oil, in your BIGGEST pot. Allow to cook until onions begin to turn transparent, stirring occasionally.
Add your chopped veggies, mix them in real nice, and cook until they begin to soften. Next, add in drained and rinsed beans, tomato paste, seasonings, and water to desired consistency. Stir everything in carefully, and allow to simmer with a lid for 30-40 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
One Pot Vegan Chilli
This thick, hearty mega-pot of vegan chilli is loaded with nutritious vegetables, and super satisfying after a long day. It's also one of my favourite go-to meal prep meals.
- 3 medium Potatoes
- 2 large Carrots
- 1 White Onion
- 2 Bell Peppers
- 3-4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 crown Broccoli
- 2 packages of Veggie Ground (roughly 680g all together
- I use Yves Italian Veggie Ground)
- 2 large (19 oz) cans Red Kidney Beans
- 3 small (156ml/5.5 oz) cans Tomato Paste (about 2 cups)
- 2 tbsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- pinch of Salt and Pepper
- about 2 1/3 cup Water (to desired consistency)
- Olive Oil or Avocado Oil, for cooking
- Step 1 Chop veggies, and begin to sauté onion, garlic, potato, and veggie ground in a little bit of olive or avocado oil in your BIGGEST pot.
- Step 2 Once onions begin to turn transparent, add in the rest of your veggies, and cook until they begin to soften.
- Step 3 Next, add strained and rinsed beans, tomato paste, water, and seasonings, and stir carefully and thoroughly.
- Step 4 Place a lid on your pot, and bring to a simmer for 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Step 5 Remove from heat, serve, and enjoy!