This thick, creamy, coconut curry is super satisfying and wholesome, and an excellent way to nourish your body with delicious, healthy foods, even when you don’t have time to make dinner. This recipe takes about 20 minutes in the morning to prepare before going about the day, and you get to come back to a hearty, home cooked meal with minimal effort.
I absolutely love being able to just chop up some veggies while making my breakfast, throw them in the pot, and come home to the smell of spices throughout the house, with my dinner all ready to go. Not only is this recipe very convenient, it’s yummy too!
This coconut curry is:
- Creamy, thick, and incredibly delicious
- Filled to the brim with vegetables and nutrients
- Nourishing and warming from the inside out
- So convenient to make when you have a busy day ahead of you
- Freaking amazing!
Usually I’ll serve mine with a nice sized portion of rice, and a serving of my Quick and Easy Crispy Tofu, to get in those macros!
I use my Instant Pot as a slow cooker, so temperatures and times may vary slightly depending on which brand and model you are using. I would suggest choosing a day where you’ll be at home the first time you try this recipe, to get a feel for exactly how long is the perfect amount of time with your particular slow cooker. Once you have your timing down pat, you can go out and get things done the next time you cook this, knowing exactly what time you need to be home to enjoy it.
All you really need to do is chop up your veggies, throw all your ingredients into a slow cooker with a little bit of olive oil, and turn it on high heat for about 6-7 hours. When you have about 30 minutes to an hour left, you can cook up some rice or another grain of your choice to serve this with, and if you want to add some extra protein, you can whip up some of my Quick and Easy Crispy Tofu too!
Slow Cooker Coconut Curry
This thick, creamy, coconut curry is super satisfying and wholesome, and an excellent way to nourish your body with delicious, healthy foods, even when you don't have time to make dinner.
- 1 medium Onion
- 2 large Carrots
- 1 medium Pepper
- 3 medium Potatoes
- 2-3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1.5-2 inch piece of Ginger
- 400ml (2 cans) Coconut Milk
- 225ml (1.5 small cans) Tomato Paste
- 2 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1-2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1-2 tsp Ginger Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Step 1 Once chopped, place all ingredients in a slow cooker with a dash of olive oil on the bottom. Stir, and turn slow cooker on high for about 6-7 hours, until potatoes and carrots are soft.
- Step 2 Serve with rice and crispy tofu, and enjoy!