Soft, melt in your mouth muffins filled with juicy pockets of blueberry are a perfect breakfast, snack, or even dessert! I’ve made a few different variations of this recipe before, but this was by far the best batch yet, so I decided it was time to share it here.
These muffins are super easy to make, and even easier to eat up when they’re done! My family and I finished the entire tray within a couple hours, and everyone was ready for more right away.
You can use fresh or frozen blueberries for this recipe (I used frozen) but keep in mind that frozen blueberries may harden the dough a little bit due to the cold, making it a little tricky to stir. In my experience though, this shouldn’t affect the baking at all.
Preheat your oven to 375°F and fill a muffin tray with baking cups. Combine almond milk and apple cider vinegar and set aside. Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, in a large mixing bowl. Slowly add in melted coconut oil, vanilla, and almond milk mixture and stir until combined. Fold in fresh or frozen blueberries.
Scoop dough out into baking cups and place in oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool in tray for 10-15 minutes before serving.
The Best Vegan Blueberry Muffins
These soft, melt in your mouth muffins filled with juicy pockets of blueberry are a perfect breakfast, snack, or even dessert!
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 1/2 cups Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 375°F and line a muffin tin with baking cups.
- Step 2 Mix apple cider vinegar and almond milk, and set aside.
- Step 3 Add all dry ingredients to a mixing bowl, and slowly mix in coconut oil, vanilla, and almond milk mixture. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Step 4 Fold in blueberries and transfer to prepared muffin tray. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.