All year long, I wait for fall to arrive, just so I can indulge myself with copious amounts of pumpkin pie. Seriously, this might be one of my all time favourite desserts (or breakfasts, hehe) and that’s saying a lot. Since I went vegan, I have yet to find a store bought pumpkin pie that I can actually eat, and after discovering this recipe, I don’t want to anymore!
This pie is insanely delicious, and just the right amount of sweet too. I used a mixture of maple syrup and brown sugar to help balance out the sweetness, and it turned out so amazing. The pumpkin filling is smooth and creamy, yet firm, and the graham cracker crust held together wonderfully. My husband and I ate ours with some So Delicious CocoWhip, and within two days we had devoured the entire thing. I’m going to have to make a few more of these before the season is over!
If you have access to whole pumpkins, I really recommend making your own puree at home. It’s fresh, made with love, and you know 100% what’s in it! It’s super easy too! If you want to give it a shot, click here to get started. If you can’t get fresh pumpkins for any reason, you can totally used canned Pumpkin Puree too (make sure it’s not Pumpkin Pie Filling though), but I prefer the fresh stuff.
You can also make your own Pumpkin Pie Spice with things in your pantry! Click here to whip up a quick batch.
Preheat the oven to 425°. Add your pumpkin, coconut milk, brown sugar, maple syrup, cornstarch, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt to a blender or large bowl, and mix until combined.
If you’re making a graham cracker crust like I did, you’ll want to crush your graham crackers into crumb sized pieces (I just bought a bag of crumbs), and thoroughly mix them with your vegan margarine. Pat your crust mix evenly around the base and edges of your pie pan.
Pour your pumpkin mixture into your crust, and gently pat the bottom of the pie pan against the counter a few times. This will help to remove any air bubbles from your pie. Now place it in the oven, and bake at 425° for 15 minutes. After this, lower the temperature to 350° and bake for 30 more minutes.
The pie should still be wobbly when you remove it from the oven; this is perfectly normal. Let it cool to room temperature on the counter, and place it in the fridge for at least 4-5 hours to chill and set. It will taste best after a full night in the fridge, although it’s hard to resist!
Pumpkin Pie w/ Graham Cracker Crust
My favourite fall treat, for everyone to enjoy! Smooth, creamy, and delicious, you'll wish you baked extra. This recipe makes one 10 inch pie.
- 2 cups Pumpkin Puree
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Corn Starch
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 and 3/4 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/4 + 1 tbsp Vegan Margarine
- CocoWhip for serving (optional)
- Step 1 Preheat your oven to 425° F.
- Step 2 Add the pumpkin puree, coconut milk, brown sugar, maple syrup, cornstarch, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt to a large bowl or blender, and mix well.
- Step 3 Smash your graham crackers into crumb-sized pieces if necessary.
- Step 4 In a separate bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs and vegan margarine until evenly combined.
- Step 5 Evenly pat your crust mix into the edges of your pie pan.
- Step 6 Pour pumpkin mixture into crust, and tap the bottom of the pan a few times on the counter, to help prevent air bubbles forming.
- Step 7 Bake at 425° for 15 minutes, then lower temperature to 350° and bake for another 30-35 minutes.
- Step 8 The pie should be a bit wobbly still when it comes out of the oven, so place it somewhere to cool to room temperature.
- Step 9 Once pie has cooled, place it in the fridge for at least 4-5 hours, ideally overnight.
- Step 10 Serve and enjoy!